The terms of agreement have been updated to include sales tax information for the users in states that charge tax on software usage.
No other changes have been made since 8/19/20.
Thera-LINK Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are provided by Thera-LINK, LLC, and they form an agreement between us and you that governs your use of and access to (a) the public as well as the password-protected portions of www.thera-LINK.com (the “Website”) and our telehealth platform, which is accessible via the Website (the “Telehealth Platform”); and (b) those portions of the Website and the Telehealth Platform which may be accessed by patients and employees at the direction of the health care providers who subscribe to Thera-LINK.
THIS SERVICE IS OFFERED FROM THE UNITED STATES (“US”), AND IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND USING THE SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE ONLY USING THE SERVICE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. If you are a User or patient located outside of the United States, do not use the Service and contact your provider. If you are a provider, do not engage with patients located outside the United States using the Service and understand that you accept all liability for the consequences of using the Service in a jurisdiction other than the United States. In addition to other limitations stated herein, Thera-LINK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE LAW OR OTHER LIABILITIES THAT RESULT FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.
This is a legally binding agreement. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By accessing or using the Services, you signify your agreement to these Terms. By clicking the button on the online registration web page to accept this agreement, you represent that you have the full legal authority to enter this agreement on behalf of the party identified in the registration process, and in that capacity you acknowledge such party’s agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth or referenced below. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, you must not access or use the Services.
For customers who are covered entities (as that term is defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”)), these Terms shall include Thera-LINK’s standard Business Associate Agreement, which shall be provided via email and is incorporated herein by reference. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the terms of the Business Associate Agreement, the Business Associate Agreement shall control. For customers who are not a covered entity under HIPAA, the Business Associate Agreement is not incorporated into these Terms.
- “Thera-LINK” and “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or any other first person pronoun shall refer to the company Thera-LINK, LLC, a limited liability company organized in the state of Texas;
- “User,” “you,” “your,” or any other second person pronoun shall refer to any person or entity accessing, using, or making purchases through the Services;
- “User Data” shall refer to any data which Users upload or submit to the Website or any other area of the Services, including but not limited to Protected Health Information (“PHI”);
- “Services” shall collectively refer to all services offered by Thera-LINK including, but not limited to, payment processing, the Website, the Telehealth Platform, and any associated mobile applications. Without limiting the foregoing, the term “Services” shall also include those optional add-on services offered by Thera-LINK, including, but not limited to, the Telehealth Platform’s Messaging Service (as such term is defined herein).
- “Thera-LINK Software” shall refer to the software provided to Users by Thera-LINK, its suppliers or partners, under license, in connection with the Services;
- “Protected Health Information” and “PHI” shall refer to the protected health information as defined in HIPAA, 45 C.F.R. § 160.103; and
- “HIPAA” shall refer to the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996.
Changes to Terms of Service and Notices
Thera-LINK may modify the Terms at any time, at its discretion. Should there be any material changes to the Terms, Thera-LINK will attempt to notify Users by email within one week of the new terms, with the option to cancel within 14 days of the new effective date should the new terms not be acceptable. At the beginning of each set of Terms, the effective date shall be posted. Thera-LINK reserves the right to add, modify, or eliminate aspects, features or any functionality of Services from time to time, for the purposes of compliance with applicable laws and regulations, to effect improvements in security and functionality, to correct errors, or for other commercially reasonable purposes as determined by Thera-LINK. You agree that you shall be deemed to have accepted the modifications hereto if you: (i) are sent notice by email of the modifications and fail to cancel the Services within 14 days of the new effective date; or (ii) access the Services more than 14 days after the effective date. For the avoidance of doubt, notice by email is effective upon sending thereof to User’s email address as provided by User to Thera-Link.
Telehealth Platform Services
- We offer a secure Telehealth Platform with live video and audio chat session capabilities.
- The Telehealth Platform is only intended for users located in the United States. By using the Telehealth Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are using the Telehealth Platform from, and only for video and audio chat sessions with persons within, the United States.
- As part of certain Telehealth Platform packages we offer an optional online directory where providers can post their public profile and clients can search for their services.
- The Telehealth Platform may contain links and embedded content from third party websites, platforms, servers, APIs, and other environments not operated by Thera-LINK, including, but not limited to, Nexmo. In choosing to subscribe to our Telehealth Platform, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of service set forth by Nexmo that are applicable to customers and end-users. You may find a full copy of Nexmo’s terms of service here: https://www.nexmo.com/terms-of-use.
- You acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to use the Telehealth Platform in a manner fully compliant with applicable federal and state laws, including HIPAA and state privacy laws, laws governing your professional license, certification or registration, and state laws governing the provision of telehealth or telemental services. For the avoidance of doubt, Thera-LINK assumes no responsibility or liability for your use of the Telehealth Platform.
In order to use Services, Users must be 18 years old, or older, be located in the United States, and have the requisite power and authority to accept these Terms. If one is under 18 years of age, such person is strictly prohibited from using Services. Users further agree that as a condition to accessing Thera-LINK, you will submit to account verification as required by Thera-LINK, and provide only true and accurate identification documentation to Thera-LINK or its third party service providers to verify User’s age and other account related information. As previously stated, Thera-LINK is not intended for Users located outside of the United States, and any such Users should refrain from using the Service. If you are a patient, contact your provider. If you are provider, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE TO ENGAGE WITH PATIENTS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.
People, businesses, or otherwise, may not access Services if they are a known or unknown competitor of Thera-LINK, or if they have been previously banned from Services. If you are using Services on behalf of a company, entity, or organization, then you represent and warrant you are: an authorized representative of such organization; have the requisite authority to bind the organization to these Terms; and agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such organization.
Thera-LINK grants Users permission to use Services subject to all restrictions set out in these Terms. Use of Services is at User’s own risk, including the risk of exposure to offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate content.
Thera-LINK provides Services to Users, and Services may be interrupted, suspended, un-secure, modified, updated, discontinued, or unavailable in particular locations. This may happen without notice from Company, and Company shall not be held liable for any problems regarding Services availability. Thera-LINK shall not be liable for any interruption of Service, intentional or not, and Users understand they will not be entitled to any refunds of fees or other compensation for such interruption. Users agree that in the event of loss of any User Data, Company will not be liable for any purported damage or harm arising therefrom.
Fees and Billing
Thera-LINK provides Services for fees and other charges set forth on its Website and on the applicable practice subscription page. Thera-LINK may add new services for additional fees and charges, or prospectively amend fees and charges for its existing services. Users acknowledge it is their responsibility to ensure payment in advance for all paid aspects of the Services, and to ensure their credit or debit cards or other payment instruments accepted by Company continue to be valid and sufficient for such purposes. Thera-LINK may exercise its suspension or termination rights as provided herein in the event of any payment delinquency.
Client and thera-LINK mutually agree that Client is responsible for any and all applicable taxes associated with the use of thera-LINK’s service offering and/or thera-LINK’s software and service offering. As such, Client is responsible for any and all local county, state, federal, sales and/or use taxes, as well as other applicable taxes, now or in the future. Further, in the event thera-LINK is required to collect any applicable tax(es) thera-LINK shall charge and collect the applicable tax amount in addition to the current pricing contained in this Service Agreement.
Thera-LINK handles and processes credit card payment for fees associated with its Services. Thera-LINK also acts as a marketplace to help its Users accept credit card payments from patients and clients. Payment is subject to fees as determined by Thera-LINK and displayed to the subscriber. However, Thera-LINK reserves the right to alter or change this fee for any of its Users. Should a chargeback fee or service fee arise, such fee shall be non-refundable. All Users are solely responsible for any chargeback or service fees, and any original fees associated with such fees. Thera-LINK reserves the right, but is not obligated, to dispute any chargeback that may arise with one of its Users.
Thera-LINK may use third parties, such as Stripe, Vantage, and others for payment processing services. By using our credit card processing services, you agree to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement at Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”) found here: https://stripe.com/legal. You also agree to the Vantage “Sub-Merchant Agreement,” found here: http://www.vantagecard.com/Media/Default/files/Vantage-ProFac-Submerchant-Agreeement.pdf.
As a condition to Thera-LINK enabling payment processing services through Stripe or any of our payment services, you agree to provide Thera-LINK accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize Thera-LINK to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by any of the payment services we use.
In order to use the Services, Users must create a User account and provide personal information for its creation. Only one person may use an account, and only one person or entity may own a User account. Users agree to only provide accurate, current and complete information about them as prompted by the signup form and profile page (“Profile Data”), and to keep their Profile Data accurate, current and complete. Users must submit an account/tenant name to identify them to Thera-LINK in connection with their account. Users are solely responsible for remembering and maintaining the security of their User names and passwords. Users must notify Thera-LINK of any unauthorized access to User accounts by contacting Thera-Link at the contact information set forth at the bottom or these Terms or on the Website’s homepage. Thera-LINK may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete User accounts with or without notice to Users at any time and for any reason. Users are expressly prohibited from creating names with false information, false names, false business names, or creating multiple User accounts.
Users may delete their account, account content, and all other account information at any time on their Thera-Link subscriptions page or by sending an email to Thera-LINK at firstname.lastname@example.org the following subject line: Account Termination
- We offer secure messaging as an optional add-on Service (“Messaging Service”) for an additional subscription fee.
- The Messaging Service functionality within the Website is only intended for persons located in the United States. By subscribing to and using the Messaging Service, you acknowledge and agree that you are using the Messaging Service from, and only for information to persons within, the United States.
- This Messaging Service may contain links and embedded content from third party websites, platforms, servers, APIs, and other environments not operated by Thera-LINK. In choosing to subscribe to our Messaging Service, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of service set forth by Twilio that are applicable to customers and available here: https://www.twilio.com/legal/tos.
- HIPAA also applies to the Messaging Service.
- In using the Messaging Service, you acknowledge, agree and understand that:
- You are the transmitter of all data and messages through the service and that we are acting at your direction as a technology conduit for the transmission;
- You will not transmit or allow to be transmitted any data or messages through the Messaging Service for which you do not have legally sufficient consent, permission, or authorization from the recipient of such data or messages as may be required by the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) and HIPAA;
- Thera-LINK makes (i) no representations as to any default templates for messages available within the Messaging Service and (ii) assumes no responsibility for your use of the templates or any customization of content you implement into the templates. You are solely responsible for determining the legality and compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to HIPAA and TCPA, related to your use of the message templates available through the Messaging Service, and of your use of messages that have been customized by you.
Communication and Data Retention
Users with User accounts must submit an email address where they can receive emails from Company and Users regarding communication in connection with Services. Users may opt out of communications by following the directions located at the bottom of each communication.
Thera-LINK Intellectual Property
Thera-LINK owns all intellectual property connected to Services, including but not limited to its Website, any associated mobile applications, or otherwise. This shall include visual interfaces, graphic design, website design, logo, application development, interactive features, compilation, technological code, software, Company hardware, and any method of compiling or analyzing User Data. This shall be considered Company intellectual property, which is protected worldwide by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and any other applicable intellectual property rights. These rights shall apply to property now existing or that which is created in the future by Thera-LINK. Users shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the Company’s content available through the Services. Such unauthorized use may violate copyright, trademark, and communication regulations.
Users hereby automatically grant Thera-LINK a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display the User Data solely for the purposes of providing the Services. Users agree that the license includes the right to copy, analyze and use any User Data as Company may deem necessary, or desirable, for purposes of debugging, testing, or providing support or development services in connection with the Services and future improvements to the Services. The license granted in this Section shall be referred to as the “Service Data License.” Users also hereby acknowledge the Service Data License granted to Thera-LINK with respect to User Data will survive any termination, and permit Thera-LINK to: retain server copies of particular instances of Users’ User Data, including copies stored in connection with back-up, debugging, and testing procedures; and to enable the exercise of the licenses granted in this Section for any other copies or instances of the same User Data that you have not specifically deleted from the Services.
Thera-LINK shall be able to use any ideas or suggestions made by Users in connection with the Services, if Company chooses to do so. User is not entitled to any remuneration of any kind, under any circumstances, for such information. Any submitted suggestion shall provide Thera-LINK with complete ownership and any intellectual property rights arising therefrom. Thera-LINK shall be entitled to unrestrictive use of such information.
As described above, the Service is offered from the United States, and Thera-LINK is a United States based company, in particular, it is not intended for use in the European Union or other jurisdictions with similar privacy laws. If you use the Service, all information, including personal information, will be transferred to the United States. Thera-LINK does not market to or solicit customers from outside the United States, therefore, users of the Service should not expect to avail themselves of the rights provided under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or similar privacy laws. By sending any information to Thera-LINK, you unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal and other information to the United States. Further, you acknowledge that Thera-LINK is not subject to the GDPR or similar international privacy laws, and, therefore, you will be unable to claim the privacy rights provided in those laws.
The following Copyright Policy (the “Policy”) is Thera-LINK’s policy with respect to its intellectual property rights (the “IP Rights”) and the IP Rights of others. If anyone believes their IP Rights have been infringed, please contact Thera-LINK via the contact information found in the contact information section located at the end of this Policy.
- Changes to Policy. Thera-LINK may modify this Policy at any time, under its discretion. Should there be any material changes to the Policy, Users shall be notified with a one (1) month notice prior to the effective date of the new Policy. At the beginning of each new Policy, the effective date shall be posted. Users agree the continued access of Services after the effective date warrants their acceptance to the modifications.
- Thera-LINK prohibits Users from uploading, posting, transmitting, or otherwise making available, any content that violates any IP Rights of any person, company, or otherwise. This prohibition shall apply to all of the Services. Any violations of US copyright law shall subject offenders to its penalties to the fullest extent allowed under law. Thera-LINK reserves the right to terminate any User who is in violation of IP Rights of other users, persons, the Company, or otherwise. Thera-LINK requests Users adhere to these same policies. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (17 U.S.C. § 512) (the “DMCA”) and US copyright law Thera-LINK may terminate Users’ access to Services, and use thereof, if Company deems User is repeatedly infringing the IP Rights of another User, person, company, or otherwise. Thera-LINK is not responsible for any errors in web based material and shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use of such material found on the Website.
- The DMCA and US copyright law provide the framework for owners of IP Rights who believe their material that is appearing in public infringes their IP Rights under US copyright law. It is Thera-LINK’s policy to respond to all notices and counter-notices that are in conformity with the requirements under 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)). Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed under the DMCA. Please visit http://www.copyright.govfor up to date details of current DMCA legislation.
- Take-Down Notices. If anyone believes their IP Rights have been infringed upon by any materials in Thera-LINK’s Services, such person may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA (17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)) by sending a properly formatted take-down notice to Company at the address in the contact information section below. Please include all required information, including:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- In sufficient detail, provide the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works on the Website is covered by a single notification, you may provide a representative list of such works on the Website; however, the representative list must still contain sufficient detail of the copyrighted works so that we can identify them;
- The URL or other specific location on the Website that contains the material that you claim to be infringing your copyright. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to enable us to locate the alleged infringing material, so that we can comply with your request to remove or deny access;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that you swear under penalty of perjury that the information contained in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Response to Take-Down Notices. Thera-LINK shall take response to such DMCA notice, and will make a good faith attempt to contact any party believed to have infringed the IP Rights of another. DMCA infringement notices may be forwarded to the party who originally made the allegedly infringing content available on Services.
- Counter-Notices. If you believe in good faith that your own copyrighted material has been removed from Services as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a written counter notification letter to Company pursuant to the DMCA (17 U.S.C. 512(g)(2-3)). If a counter-notice is received by Thera-LINK, Company may send a copy of such counter-notice to the original complaining party that Company may reinstate the removed content. Unless the alleged IP Rights holder files a court action against the party that provided the counter-notice, the removed content may be reinstated on Company’s Services. Counter-Notices require the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address and telephone number; and
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, that you consent to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama and a statement that you will accept service of process from the party, or party’s agent, that filed the notification of alleged copyright infringement.
- Contact Information. Should you require any further information regarding these policies, please contact Thera-Link at the contact information set forth at the bottom of these Terms or on the Website’s homepage.
Users hereby agree not to post or upload any of the following prohibited content:
- Content known by User to be false, misleading, or content that encourages or promotes illegal activity;
- Content that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
- Content that harasses any other User, person, business, or person, in any way;
- Content that violates another person’s intellectual property rights;
- Content that solicits any private information, including passwords, or personal identification information;
- Content that is offensive to any User, person, or business, including, but not limited to: racism, bigotry, hatred, physical harm of any kind against any group, minority, or individual;
- Content promoting any business venture of the User, person, business, or otherwise;
- Content used to solicit information from minors or other protected classes;
- Content involving the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing; or
- Content displaying obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit material, of any kind.
User hereby agrees, while using Services, not to commit any of the following actions:
- Upload content or any information that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any of Thera-LINK’s servers or networks;
- Attempt to gain any unauthorized access to another User’s account or any Company computer networks, systems or infrastructure, by any means;
- Use data mining, robots, or other data gathering devices on or through Services;
- Frame or link to the Services without express permission;
- Attempt in any way to reverse engineer, decompile, interrupt, or disassemble, any part of Services or its security features;
- Modify, distribute, reproduce, copy, adapt, or create any derivative work in any way, of any of the Services;
- In any way restrict other Users or persons from gaining access or creating accounts;
- Use any technology or tool that automatically retrieves, alters, or combines Company content or Services;
- Reverse engineer any content, Services, website, or application of Company and its Users;
- Breach Thera-LINK rights regarding intellectual property rights, or otherwise;
- Use the Services or content to transmit any computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or otherwise, that could potentially cause any damage to software or hardware of Users or Company;
- Use the Services or any content in any manner that violates applicable laws, including, but not limited to HIPAA and state privacy laws, TCPA, and state professional practice acts governing you, and state telehealth or telemental laws.
Liability Limitations, Disclaimers, and Other Legal Matters
The following applies to the maximum extent permitted under law. By using the Services, Users hereby agree to the following terms.
- Thera-LINK provides Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis for Users’ use. Thera-LINK does not guarantee Services will be available in any location for any User, or that Services will always be available at any given time. Thera-LINK does not warrant Services will be uninterrupted, timely, error-free, or secure. Furthermore, it does not warrant any defects will be corrected. Thera-LINK does not guarantee its Website or any applications will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Thera-LINK makes every effort to keep its Services, content, Website, and any applications secure. Thera-LINK accepts no liability for any loss, disruption, or damage incurred by any User to its data, computer, or software, that is a result of unauthorized access by any person who has caused a loss due to any data breach or hacking, even if such breach or hack was the mistake of Company. Users are responsible for taking their own precautions to ensure the electronic process employed for accessing the Services, Website, or any application does not expose them to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code, Trojan horses, worms, or otherwise, that may interfere, infect, or damage their computers, software, or data. Furthermore, this liability limitation shall apply should any Company computer, server, or software malfunction, and cause any Users any of the aforementioned losses. Thera-LINK has taken precautions to prevent any malfunction, however User hereby agrees to accept full liability for any loss, of any kind, should they occur.
- Software Updates. Thera-LINK may make software updates to any of its mobile applications at any given time. In order to use Services, Users may be obligated to download the updated version of these applications. Thera-LINK may choose to make downloading the updated version of the application a required precedent to continued use of Services. However, Thera-LINK makes no guarantees any subsequent version of an application will work on a User’s mobile phone or devices. Thera-LINK is expressly not liable for any loss incurred due to a User’s inability to use Services due to the inability to use an updated version of a mobile application on their specific mobile device.
- Third Party Transactions. Thera-LINK does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Services. Users hereby agree to hold third parties solely liable for any and all claims regarding such transactions with third parties. Any products or services purchased or otherwise acquired by a third party, are separate legal transactions solely between Users and the relevant third party, and in no way involve Company.
- Third Party Sites and Embedded Content. Services may contain links, and embedded content from, third party websites, servers, APIs, offline services, and online services or environments, not operated by Thera-LINK. Thera-LINK does not control these services. Linked sites may be provided as a service to Users, and does not imply any endorsement of the activities or content of these sites, nor any association with its operators. Users assume any and all risks, known or unknown, now existing or existing in the future, by following a link to a linked site.
- The Business Associate Agreement sets forth the safeguards used by Thera-LINK to prevent use or disclosure of PHI. Users understand and agree that they are responsible for maintaining any other administrative, technical, and physical measures required for appropriate information security with respect to PHI and otherwise comply with HIPAA.
- Limited Liability. Users assume any and all risk associated with using Company’s Services. Thera-LINK, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, directors, officers, employees, licensors, distributors, subcontractors, sub-licensees, independent contractors, and agents (collectively known as the “Company Parties”) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages, or losses of any kind. These include without limitation, loss of profits, business, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, which may be incurred in connection with the use or inability to use any Services or any termination, including interruption, inaccuracy, error, or omission. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, and to that extent the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. California residents hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, stating, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine. Thera-LINK, its suppliers, and distributors, shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is not reasonably foreseeable.
- Thera-LINK expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to: implied warranties of merchantability; fitness for a particular purpose; non-infringement; warranties of title and accuracy; warranties regarding products and services offered by all businesses listed on Company’s Website; and warranties in the course of dealing, performance or usage of trade.
- Foreign Disclaimer. Thera-LINK is a United States service provider. Thera-LINK makes no representation that any aspect of the Services is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Those who access the Services from other locations are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
- Maximum Liability. Thera-LINK’s maximum aggregate amount of liability for any loss or damage a User experiences in connection with the Services shall not exceed $100.
Class Action Waiver, Indemnification, Arbitration, and Other Legal Matters
- Class Action Waiver and Other Restrictions. Arbitration shall proceed solely on an individual basis without the right for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on bases involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of others. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve and make written awards is limited to claims between Users and Company alone. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms, and without waiving either party’s right of appeal, if any portion of this “Class Action Waiver and Other Restrictions” provision is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire Arbitration Provision (other than this sentence) shall sever and continue.
- Users agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Thera-LINK and the Company Parties, from and against all: claims; injuries; damages; obligations; losses; lawsuits; attorneys’ fees; legal fees or filing fees from any and all claims or demands made by any party related to Users’ use of Services; violations of these Terms, goods and services purchased; or misuse of User accounts. Thera-LINK reserves the right to execute the exclusive defense of any issues arising out of such indemnification. Users are expressly prohibited from settling such claims without the prior written consent of Company.
- Non-Assignment. No User may assign these Terms or its User account without the prior written consent of Thera-LINK. Users may not transfer or sublicense any licenses granted by Thera-LINK in these Terms without the prior written consent of Thera-LINK. Thera-LINK may assign these Terms, in whole or in part, and all related rights, licenses, benefits and obligations, without restriction, including the right to sublicense any rights and licenses under these Terms.
- Independent Relationship. Users fully understand and accept in no way do these Terms or the Services create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or employment relationship with Company. Thera-LINK is not liable for any financial or other loss of Users in any way, on any transaction, under any circumstances.
- Both parties agree these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement and the mutual understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and these Terms supersede and cancel all previous written and oral agreements and communications relating to the subject matter of these Terms. Any waivers or amendments shall be effective only if made in writing and signed by an agent of the respective parties authorized to bind the parties.
- Thera-LINK’s failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any privilege, any power or any rights hereunder will not operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of any other right hereunder. If any provision of these Terms shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- Termination and Survival. If a User breaches these Terms, or any part of these Terms, in any way, then Company may take action up to, and including, suspending the User’s access to Services or the Website. Thera-LINK may take these actions without liability or notice to you. If a User’s account is terminated due to a breach or the Terms, the User will not be entitled to any refund of any kind. In the event of any termination, the User will not be entitled to a refund of any kind; but Company may in its absolute discretion provide a pro rata refund for pre-paid Services to a non-breaching User. Furthermore, Users can be barred from any future use of Services. Upon termination of a User account, all licenses granted by Thera-LINK to use the Services will automatically terminate. Upon termination, Users shall remain liable for any unpaid amounts owed by them to Company.
- Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes arising under or relating to these Terms and the Services are to be settled by binding arbitration in the state of Alabama or another location mutually agreeable to the parties. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. Any such arbitration shall be conducted by an arbitrator experienced in commercial arbitration and shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing. The parties reserve the right to object to any individual who shall be employed by or affiliated with a competing organization or entity. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Notice to California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Services are entitled to the following contact information: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services at the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing or by telephone at:
400 R Street, Suite 1080
Telephone: (916) 445-1254, or (800) 952-5210
Thera-LINK may provide notice to you and obtain consent from you through: its Website; by electronic mail at the electronic mail address associated with such User account; or by written mail communication to User at the address associated with their Account.
Users must give all notices required or permitted under these Terms at the physical address or email address below.
2 20 Street N, 5th Floor
Birmingham, AL 35203